Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Thursday, October 8, 2009

10/07/2009

Well today went almost good. The drive in for the most part was uneventful. Arrived 45 min early with enough time to loosen the tarps and pull the stop blocks. It looked like it might rain so pulling the tarps outside as they sometimes have you do was out of the question. Back in about 1:30 pm pulled the tarps. They got a good crew here so they had the glass off in good time.


Now to the address the "almost" part of the good day. As I was in line at the I had thought it through as I did at the consignee. It would have dawned on me the the other trucks were not smoking excessively. Anyway while at the consignee I decided to check the fluid levels again. Come to find out the coolant was almost empty. So I filled it with water (only thing I had available). Took off after I was empty (of course) and didn't see any smoke. Ok maybe problem solved maybe. The coolant was fine that morning but I sorta lied to myself. I was in Canada and wasn't sure of any other solution at this point anyway. I get to the Lewiston border checkpoint, shut the truck down while the do their thing and soon I was free to go. As soon as I fired up the truck it was like a white cloud descended onto my truck. Ok there is no deny it now there is definetely something wrong. Nearest TA is 40 miles away they are generally who fixes our truck if we not near a terminal. So off I go. I called a fellow driver with about 10 years of experience and describe the problem and he told me a couple of things it could be. Go to the TA and the tested it and said it was a head gasket and they dont do those. Alright now I'm told to go over to some place in Buffalo to get the truck looked at. It to late to do it tonight so off to the resturant to get a bite to eat and call it a night. I deal with it refreshed in the morning.


Have a good night


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.