Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

10/06/2009

Was second in line at the consignee. First in line backed in at 11pm. So far, so good. Figured an hour and a half at best settled in and watch the new ABC program "Flash Forward". It was pretty good. At 2hrs and 15 minutes into the great wait. I'm fighting the nod off. Finally 30min later the Combined Transport driver pulls out. It can't possibly take that long unless the driver or the unload crew doesn't give a shit.


I start backing into the door at 1:45am. At 2:10am the load is uncovered and ready to unload. Thinking to myslef now it's up to them. At 2:42 I'm firing up the engine and pulling out the bay. So the bonehead vote goes tooooooo.... Combined Transport. I've seen them load/unload before so there is no great surprise there.


Anyhooo pull over to the drop yard grabbed me a nap and took off at 8:30. Plan is to be stopped by 2-3 pm and find a location in which to catch the Tiger/Twins game. After a successful traverse through the greater Chicagoland area the plan to be in Perry, MI for night is met. There's a sports bar across the way here so meandering over in a short to catch the game sounds like a plan.


Only 270mi to the consignee tomorrow. So 6am departure should leave plenty of leaway to get there an hour early and set up for a unload. Got a pre-plan today (starting to see alot of these) and I would have lost my bet. Thats two loses in a row. No lumber, No stone, it's off to Geneva, NY 190 DH out of Canada which was previously unheard of to leave Canada with a empty Flatbed. But I'll struggle to get over it. Taking a load of glass over to Fenton, MI. Only my second load with a destination of MI. and my first glass load to MI.. Looks like I'll finish with around 2800-2900mi for the week. I'll post the finally numbers tomorrow.


It's off to see the game have a good night.


Bookerz Out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.