Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

05/05/2010

Well I made it out of Canada this morning.


After I completed my reset and delivered my load Tuesday morning. I got a work assignment picking up a load of peat moss in the most remote part of Canada I've been in yet. The scenery was great, the roads left a bit to be desired and the people were nice. This place was 2.5 hours from the nearest four lane highway and an equal distance to the nearest truck stop. I did find a part time D.O.T. Inspection station on the route back to the border in which to park for the night. When I got up at 2am to (hmm...) inspect the truck there was a street or house light to be seen and it was overcast. In other words it was dark really really dark. Fortunately the truck inspection with off without a hitch.


This morning I once again had to traverse the border crossing point which I had ranted and raved about so vehemently. Seeing I was still 3 hours from the border I had all that time to dread the hassle that was about to come. So I get there. Hand over the papers. Get asked some proforma questions. Hear the stamping of two papers and …........have a nice day. My jaw hit the steering wheel in shock. I tried to mess it up by asking “So I am free to go?” She said just had the slip to the guard on your way out.

I was floored!


I had started to think about the power of the Internet and all that. Started debating what stupid government program would be worthy of my powerful attention next. Imagine all the wrongs that could be righted. This will take some considerable time to decide where to start.


OR


I could have just been lucky today. They might have already filled their quota of stupid people tricks for the day/ week/ month.


At any rate I will wait to see how mighty is my pen when I next cross that location.


Tomorrow I will deliver this load to Emlenton, PA and after that the jury is still out. This weekend is my home time so I suspect my next load will have a more southern destination.


Until tomorrow

Have a nice day

Bookerz out






No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.