Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Friday, April 16, 2010

4/13-/4/15/10

I getting neglectful. After unloading Tuesday I was given a deadhead over to Ottawa, Il. From which I'll be grabbing a load headed for Etobicoke, ON.

Now our drop yard is next to a place called the Bears Den. They serve a killer sausage burger. It is rumored that their other sandwiches are equally good, but I haven't ventured away from the sausage burger. It has been my experience that a sausage burger and a couple of pints of ale will cure what ails you. Seeing that I get to spend the night here it was just what the doctor ordered.

The next morning just as the sun started brightening the eastern horizon. I was under way. Today's objective is to try a new truck stop(new to me) only 20 miles from the Canadian border. My usual stop is 80-90 miles from the border in Perry, MI. This different truckstop called Bricoe's is... well a shit hole with a bad parking lot and a dilapidated building. So unless I really need to stage that close to the border it won't be happening again. My usual place has a nice smooth parking lot a nice building and quite a few eateries within walking distance and on site.

Thursday after unloading I was given a dead head to Laurinburg, NC. The truck is overdue for a PM so that is scheduled for tonight (Friday). When Maverick has to keep the truck overnight to do a PM or fix something they will generally put you up in the hotel. So tonight it should be a hotel for me.

I've already got my next work assignment which will take me to Concord, ON. for Monday morning at 6am. At that point I'll have 1600 miles in almost as many miles as I got this week.

Well your up to speed now. My coffee is ready and I need to do a walk around the truck so I can start my day.

Have a nice day
Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.