Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Saturday, April 17, 2010

04/17/2010

Well I got down to Laurinburg an hour early and got the truck put into the shop for the pm. It was only an "A" pm so no motel room for the night. I called thinking that I'd put myself up for the night and they were all booked up.

So I was standing around shooting the bull with some other drivers when the mechanic came out and asked if I wanted the good news or the bad. The bad. The wheel bearings are shot and they need to send my truck to freightliner. The good. You get a motel room for the night. They have to transfer the inverter from one truck to the other and I won't be able to start moving my stuff until Saturday morning.

Well at least I get a room for the night. I might have to bump the Concord, On load I am not sure how long it will take to transfer my stuff. Well I called Maverick to warn them and they said to wait until I got everything transferred and then give them a call with my new eta. Good enough.

Have a good day
Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.