Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Friday, April 23, 2010

04/23/2010

I called the plant as soon as I pulled into the yard at Laurinburg, NC. The trailer was in the bay but not loaded yet. Ok np I wasn't going to run with it till the morning anyway.

Had chinese for dinner. Finished moving in the truck. Kicked back and watched some Boston Legal episodes. All in all not a bad way to spend the afternoon and evening.

Got up in time to grab my load and make my way over to the customer and arrive an hour early. You never know when that or earlier will pay off. Well I arrived at the plant and search the loaded trailer area and no luck. The I started searching the bays to see if maybe the glass was on but not tarped yet. I finally found the trailer on the far side of the plant and there wasn't a stitch of glass on the trailer. This was a first for me so I fired off a message to extended services. No response. Ok even if they responded there would be nothing any of us could do. But I did my part by informing (or trying to) them of the situation.

About five hours later after a phone call with my FM it was decided to push back the load 24 hours. Ok good enough. Bobtailed back to town and parked at the Walmart. Now it is time to spend the day reading, watching dvds and fighting periodic boredom. I picked up that Avatar movie yesterday man the graphics and scenery are awesome. I saw it at the picture show and just had to have the dvd.

Well I am at the place I was to deliver to yesterday and in the process of getting unloaded. From here I can ether go straight home or swing back by Laurinburg and grab a load that will delivery Monday or Tuesday.

Either way it home time today!!!

Have a good day
Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.