Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Monday, April 19, 2010

04/19/2010

I've been told I worry to much by a fellow driver. My wife would balk at that idea, but that is what I've been told. Now on to why I even mention that.


Today had so much potential to be a crappy day.


  • I was going to be late for my appointment. Not my fault but I'm a bit O.C.D. About being late.

  • The address on the work assignment said one place. But when I pulled up the automated directions they said another.

  • You never know how customs is going to be and the later you are the worse the border usually is.


So I worried about the customer being angry their product was late and me arriving at the wrong location which would in turn make me later yet.


Well customs was a breeze as I pulled to the crossing point the truck infront of me was pulling away.

The Queens express way slowed down in a few spots, but was good considering it was the tail end of rush hour. The customer didn't even blink. They are moving from one facility to another and I did go to the right one first time. They got me unloaded super quick!


So all that worrying was for naught.


For my reload I headed over to get a load of lumber after breaking down the trailer into flatbed mode. They did overload me (the only hiccup of the day) but I was able to get that fixed and myself back into the states for tonight. I am taking it over to Geneva, NY and once unloaded will most likely get a load out of the glass plant there. We will just have to let that part unfold.


Have a good day! I sure did!!!!

Bookerz out


No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.