Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Saturday, March 13, 2010

03/12/2010

Seldom has this occurred. The loaders in Mt Holly and I were in perfect sync. I was the first truck in this morning and they wanted me out of the way. I needed to secure and tarp a load and drive 550 miles to get home. And it worked perfectly 2 hours and 15 minutes after my appointment time I pull out of the bay totally ready to roll. Sweet!!


Now the next question Take the I81/I77/I85 route which involves some pulls, but is 40 miles shorter. Or the US15/I270/I495/I95/I85 route that involves significant traffic risk from DC to Richmond, but no pulls. With it being Friday the DC corridor seems its worse on Friday. Add to it the fact that I am in a hurry which always calls the traffic jams out of hiding. I decided on the country route. Once I got out of the mess which Pennsylvanians call I-81 it was a relatively smooth ride. The whole day involved a misty rain until I got south of Charolotte where once it got dark the sky decided to let loose with a real rain storm for about 40 miles. But I-85 from Charolotte to Greenville is always a bit of white knuckle driving even in the best of weather.


I figured at best today would be filled with aggravation and delays and I wouldn't make it home till midnight. As it turned out I rolled into the house at 8:30 and not nearly as tired as I figured. So a very nice way to start the weekend.


I have been told we will be seeing a movie called “Green Zone” a Matt Damon vehicle that extends the Bourne type action flick. More about that Monday.


Have a nice weekend

Bookerz out


No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.