Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Thursday, March 11, 2010

03/10/2010

Well I took off and top off the tanks in Pembrooke, NY this morning. I got to Syracuse and decided a short break was in order. I set my alarm for an hour and a quarter. Fifty-five minutes into my break the qualcomm beep with a routine safety message. What makes that ironic is that yesterday I didn't receive one message nor today either unless messages I sent generated an automatic response.


This customer is pretty specific about appointment times. I didn't know this heading in so getting here early doesn't help the cause. They do have plenty of space for parking so getting here early doesn't hurt either. There is a sign outside the bay door where they receive glass. “Driver are not to help unload trucks”. I thought that was a no brainer. I mean once the tarp and securement equipment is out of the way they should handle the rest. That is pretty normal. Once they got one side of the trailer empty I went back to remove the dunage on that side of the trailer and roll up the tarp skirt. That doesn't help them it helps me to get rolling sooner. I was quickly inform that I wasn't allowed in the area while they are unloading trailers. Hmm.... That is what the sign means. To my of thinking the sign should have said “Drivers are to remain out of the unload area while unloading”. Anyway I apologized and got my skinny butt out of the area. Once they got me unloaded I put up the rest of the stuff pulled out of the bay and parked off to the side for the night.


I did get a deadhead move for MT Holly Springs, PA for the morning. Hopefully it is just a way to get me out of the northeast. I truly dislike loading out of that joint. We will just have to wait and see.


So have a good day

Bookerz out


No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.