Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Friday, March 5, 2010

03/05/2010

Whenever I have a non-glass load I seem to work myself (mentally) into a state of tension. Despite the fact that historically speaking all my non-glass loads have been easier than live loading glass.


Today was no exception. Getting to the shipper was easy. Once at the shipper they provided directions a blind man (metaphorically speaking) could follow. Actual loaders weren't the hard asses you hear stories about. Load was loaded in a timely manner. Plenty of time was provided to properly secure and tarp the load. Even the roads in and out of the shipper were decent, a somewhat rare occurrence in PA. So I've come to the conclusion. That a lot of the truckers out here are candy asses that are looking for reasons to be offended. Now that is just my opinion which is based on non-scientific data. Could it be that I am special and just get the good shippers (not likely)? Another possibility is I only see the silver lining when there is a cloud about (possible).


At any rate my luck or whatever is holding up and I shouldn't let getting system loads raise my tension level above normal safe levels.


All the above words boil down to it was a good day. I got loaded in good time and I knocked out 400 miles of the 745 I got to run. Today I discovered I have a burnt out headlight so I won't be able to take off as early as I like. But that will be tomorrows problem.


Tomorrows plan includes running the gauntlet through Chicago, Il. To date I've dipped my toes in that arena, but haven't actually had to run through the area. With tomorrow being Saturday I figure it will be a good day to test my luck. The other task to complete tomorrow is to replace my headlight. Not a particularly daunting task, but one I'll need to complete none the less.


Until tomorrow then. Have a good night.

Bookerz out


No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.