Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

03/03/2010

A short 2.5 hours up the road plus a fuel stop found me at the customer today. There was a bit of snow falling as I made my way up but it wasn't enough to impede progress or bring out the daredevils that like to play smash em up on such days.


What I found when I got to the customer was a motivated one. They have to unload the product outside and as it was snowing and it is not good to get the glass wet. So a mere 2 hours later I was rolling off the property. I've had customers with all the advantages, such as an overhead crane, take more than 3 hours to unload. So these guys were hopping today.


I passed on the way in, a rest area about 15 miles south of the customers location so that was my destination to await further orders once unloaded. I waited about an hour or hour and a half before I was told to head for New Jersey. So that is where I sitting tonight. When the sun comes up I break down the racks and wait to see what is next. I could have broken them down tonight but a fit of laziness washed over me. I won't get anything before 8 or 9am tomorrow anyway so nothing lost by waiting.


I am proud to announce that the Big Apple (or traveling through it) has lost it's power to make me a nervous wreck. I still don't care to go through there, but I am comfortable with my skill level. Delivering within the city will probably still drive me crazy but passing through is ok. I used to stop short and then blast through the city in the dead of night. The last 3 times I haven't had a choice and while it is not a nice drive it isn't as bad as I used to think. SMALL VICTORIES!!


On that note

Have a good day

Bookerz out


No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.