Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

01/27/2010 end of day note

Well it was 4:15 am when I rolled out of the bay. Like I said quick and easy unload these people are a pleasure to deliver too. It did present a small quandary. What to do until between 8 and 9am when the powers that can direct me to my next destination. I read a book for a bit, listened to a book for a bit, fired off an email. Finally a fell asleep for an hour or so.


At 8:15 the QC beeped. Deadhead move to Laurinburg. Fired off a macro with my ETA, put her in gear and away I went. Other than a mild slow down in DC the drive came off with any hassles. By 6pm I was in Laurinburg.


There was a few drivers walking about the yard, a half a dozen or so in the driver lounge (the lounge term is used with considerable literary license) and an untold number in their tractors. Not looking very promising for an early start tomorrow. But that is what I was expecting, it has been a slow week. Last week was very good so you got to take the good with the bad.


There is a picture show place here and one of the features is Avatar. I have been wanting to see this one and my wife isn't all that interested in seeing it. So this was a good time to make that happen. It was good and I am very glad I didn't wait for it to come out on dvd. A tv screen even a big one would not have done it justice.


Well I'm gonna read a bit and see if sleep is in the cards.


Have a good night

Bookerz Out


No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.