Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

01/26/2010

Had breakfast with a fellow driver. North Carolina has join the rank of states that doesn't allow smoking inside businesses. I would like to complain, but it has be coming for years and I imagine even though I can't smell it the smoke must pervade the environment. So oh well another minor adjustment to be made.


After breakfast I wondered over to the drop yard to cinch down the load and take off. Other than the last driver putting the landing gear to high. I had to lower the trailer in low gear for about five minutes it went off without a hitch (so to speak).


There was a good bit of piss poor planning on my part concerning my departure time. It was going to put me on the south side of Washington at 4pm. I didn't figure there would be any problem on the south side. I figured the problems would materialize on the east side as I headed out US50/301. Today it was either too early or the DC types have to work till 5pm. At any rate they had kept their respective heads screwed on straight and nobody caused an accident or back up the whole way through. If it was just dumb luck I'll take that as well.


I got to the consignee by 7pm and all is well. I got to be up to deliver at 4:30 but getting up early won't be a problem. Hopefully I get something relatively early tomorrow with which I can flesh out the miles for the week.


Have a good night


Bookerz out


No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.