Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Saturday, September 26, 2009

09/25/2009

A quick run into Ft. Lauderdale. The consignee was just off a main drag so easy in and easy out.


The receiver was a nice guy overall, most are it seems in this particular industry. Got there about an hour early, wasn't sure how traffic was gonna be and I abhor being late. I even hate being later than I want to be at a destination. That gave me an hour to figure out how the hell I was gonna get this spread axle in that hole. I needn't have worried. An hour later he waved me over and guided me to a spot OUTSIDE the building Here comes the "Bill Engvall" moment. I stuck my head out the window as he was walking away and asked "You unloading me outside?". Now he had just guided me to this spot can you say "DUH". Well my only excuse was this was my first time unloading glass outside. A weak excuse at best but I'll take it.


After I spent the next 45 mins letting the tarps and securement kick my butt I was ready to be unloaded. They came out with a forklift with a cradle to unload the glass. Considering the surface they did an excellent job. I don't think there were many spots that were all that level. If I had to drive that forklift my rectal pucker factor would have been redlined for sure.


Having gotten empty and everything put away I sent in my empty call. Now I had been speculating what my load would be loads much less flatbed loads in this region being few and far in between. Five minutes later DH assignment came head to Lauringburg, NC. Sweet don't have to break down the glass racks! Got to El Cheapo Fuel just short of Savannah, GA. Thought I was hungry until I went in and took a look at that deli, what a rat hole. Well scratch that as a place to eat off the list and call it a night.


Have a good day


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.