Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I was WRONG (lol)

I went to none of the afore mention places. I ended up going to Cosicana, Tx swapping trailers and doing a live load. Didn't get done till about 10:30 last night and I was wiped out when I finally got done. Securing and tarping a double drop or a flat bed is not worth the $20. A DGL or Sling pack trlr aren't to bad but still more work than I care for. Hit the sack and slept the sleep of the dead.


Took off this morning and took some back roads trying to cut some miles of the corner that I-45 and I-10 form north of Houston. Probrably would have made better time going almost to Houston and taking the by pass but I like taking back roads in some parts of the country. Texas being one of those places for sure. Pulled up just short of Mobile, Al for the night. Plan to get an earlier start tomorrow (3am cst) looking to try to get to Moorehaven, Fl tomorrow night. Here's what the tally will be for the week, unless I get a freaky load that unloads Saturday get anymore miles for this week is impossible. Not bad for just coming out of the house.


No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.