Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Thursday, April 1, 2010

04/01/2010

Well today was about as easy as they come. I took off about 5am so I could make my projected eta to Wichita Falls, TX by 11am. I stopped off in Hewitt, Tx before the sun came up to grab a longgggggggggggg hot shower. Hot coffee and a hot shower what a way to start the day. I received my next work assignment about an hour prior to getting to Wichita Falls, TX.


I am to deliver a load of glass to the Montreal, PQ area on Tuesday morning at 10am. Now I could grab the load and dash up the highway and grab a reset somewhere along the way or I can opt to take my reset right here in Texas. Being that I am feeling lazy I decided to opt for Texas. So Saturday morning before the chickens get up I plan to grab the load and take off. I haven't quite decided to run over to Champlain, NY and enter there or proceed thru Port Heron in Michigan. I got a couple of days to make up my mind so we will see.


I moved over the the Walmart on the southwest side of town. There is a mall and quite a few eateries within walking distance. In fact there is a Texas Roadhouse just down the street and I am debating whether to make that tomorrow nights dinner or not. I will just have to wait and see how that plays out. For today there is a chinese buffet over by the mall everytime I went to stand up and go to the buffet she wanted to give me the check. Perhaps she thought I was eating to much or she was just trying to be nice. Not quite sure. Anyway it was about a mile from the truck so the way back to the truck was quite the challenge. I did fail to mention it was very good.


So for the rest of the day. I'll split my time between reading watching movies and perhaps a nap.


Life is good

Have a nice day

Bookerz out


No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.