Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

03/29/2010

Today. What can I say about today without a long line of expletives.


Well unloading the glass went well. It was a small mom and pop operation and other than the drive area in front of the door I was to back in being to small (a little less than a truck length). They were extremely nice so the unloading process was pleasant.


After pulling out I broke down the racks figuring that my next load would a system load. My suspicion was confirmed when I was dispatched to GP in Throsby, Al for a load of lumber. I get there and the load is a preload. So all I have to do is secure and tarp the load and away I can go. After doing that I sent off my loaded macro. And I get back a bad trailer location message “call dispatch”. I called and that is when the pain started. We (meaning the specialized division) do not back haul system freight out of Texas. What that means to me is they can't send me with this load into Texas. So the final decision was for me to untarp and unsecure this load and return it to the factory. Not in that order by the way. Return to the factory was first in the list of things to do.


Somewhere along the line I lost my reading glasses. And I can't read the messages bouncing back and forth. So I am calling dispatch everytime to find out what is going on.


Well after returning the load I received a new work assignment. I am going back up to Birmingham (where I started my day) and pick up a load of steel. Along the way up there I found a place where I could pull over and go in and get several pairs of reading glass. I determined it is good to have back ups just in case this happens again.


I finally get upto Birmingham and this has to be the worst steel mill I've been to so far at least as far as getting you in and out of the plant. I get there about 7:30 and after everything was said and down it was 12:30 cst.


Not fun. So now I am just waiting for my 10 break to be over to start this days adventure. After yesterday today will seem like a breeze.


Have a good day

Bookerz out


No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.