Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

03/31/2010

I've been genetically blessed. Even though I am closer to 50 than 40 and my physique considering my age has not failed me. But you will never find me in public without a shirt on.


This all leads into the premise that I found Billy Bob redneck tonight and I was disgusted. A man a decade or 2 younger than I and his genetics have totally failed him. While I don't hold the genetic failure against him. The fact that it had to paraded around the parking lot in Bib overalls (without a shirt) I will hold against him. Just like the idiot that runs around in a speedo. If your belly is larger than your waist you have no business in a speedo. If your man tits are larger than even a small portion of the female population you have absolutely no business running around without a shirt. On another note the wife beater t-shirts are tainted and should be avoided. The nick name should say it all.


Enough P.S.A. Message. And for those without total indoctrination in government speak that public service announcement.


Back to our regularly scheduled blog.


After I took off I made it to Grosse Tete, LA (please don't ask me to pronounce it, especially if a lady is around). Anyway next door to the truck stop was a place called “ Big head Barbq”. I ordered my old stand-by chicken fried steak. It was good! Admittedly it is hard to screw up chicken fried steak but I've seen it done. I got rolling as early as possible to make it to San Antonio a bit early in the hope I might get unloaded early, but it was not destined to be. I arrived 2 hours early for my appointment and they unloaded me exactly when the appointment time was. I can't and won't complain. It beats the hell out of getting unloaded late.


Once unloaded I got a dead head move to Wichita Falls, TX. Just in time for rush hour in not 1 but 2 cities. Both San Antonio and Austin, TX although admittedly I should have figured Austin as well and should have stopped short of Austin. So far my experience with Austin has not revealed a good time to hit Austin. So I'll be in Wichita Falls some time between 9-11am tomorrow morning. Until then …...


Have a good day

Bookerz out


No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.