Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

03/22/2010

Well productivity was the word of the day. No sooner did I get down to Greensboro, NC and get unloaded. When I get two not just one load assignments. Fortunately they pulled the first off me before I could work up a sufficient head of dread. It was for Brooklyn, NY and no matter how much I may be feeling my oats about my trucking driving skills. I don't think I want to deliver in downtown NYC or one of its boroughs. What I did end up with South Easton, MA has a couple of hundred more miles to it and doesn't involve getting off the Brooklyn express way.


Figuring I would be pulled into Laurinburg and get something that heads out in the morning. I had been planning on stocking up on some Chinese food at the local eatery and then sleeping it off till morning. This load shot that idea in the butt cause with a 7am Wednesday delivery appointment I needed to get a couple of hundred miles knocked out today. Hence I am back in Virginia at the 40mm on I-95. That leaves right at 600 miles to cover tomorrow. I've been to this location once before. In fact it was the last run of my training program almost a year and a half ago. It is situated in an industrial park so parking overnight won't be a problem. Good enough!


Have a good day

Bookerz out


No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.