Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Saturday, December 26, 2009

12/25/2009

Well I didn't get released Wednesday mornng as I had hoped. The load I got picked up just outside of Jackson, MS and had to be taken over to Richburg, SC where some other driver will have to relay the load next week.


The load itself wasn't bad it was the waiting till noon to get the assignment that was agrevating. It is (the waiting) all a part of the business I just get antsy when it is time to head home. The good part is I'll get the miles between Jackson and Richburg on this pay period and Maverick didn't have to move an empty truck 525 miles. The coil I picked up was as tall as I am and weighed in at a hefty 44,000 lbs. I was a bit skittish about the height of the coil pushing the center of gravity that far off the ground, But in the end I just drove like it was glass and took it easy on the corners and all was good.


I made it home by noon on Thursday and got to spend Christmas eve with the wife and kids.


It is my furverant hope that everyone has had as a successful year both financially and job satisfaction wise as I have had this year and that it continues into the new year for you and yours.


I'll be on vacation until the 3rd of Janurary or maybe the 2nd if I can get a load with some teeth on it. I have a feeling I'll be chomping at the bit prior to that we will just have to wait and see.


Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy Newear.


Bookerz Out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.