Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

11/29/2009

What a comedy of errors.


1. Didn't get the customs invoice from the shipper before I took off. Just signed for the paperwork without looking beyond that the shipper and consignee was correct. This was at least inpart my fault.


2. The phone numbers for working out the border crossing provided with the work assignment were incorrect.


3. The broker listed on the customs invoice provided by the shipper was incorrect.


4. It was a long holiday weekend. Not an error, but a definite contributor to the added hassle of not having the correct information.


When I got to the border the Canadian agent kindly told me to pull it off to the side and go in and see about straighting it out. Phone call after phone call still no correct answers. Finally I ended up shopping the load around to the different custom brokers in an attempt to find the correct one. Finally 3 hours later everything is cleared up and I'm free to go.


The drive was nice other than having to traverse both Toronto and Montreal in the same day. Fortunately it was Sunday and the craziness associated with both those metro areas was at a minimum. I stopped east of Toronto at a service plaza to refill my internal tank. 2 Wendy's singles, large fry and a large Barqs and I'm on the road again. Finally pulled into the consignee about 7pm.


Time to call it a night


Have a good day


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.