Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

12/01/2009 --- Two days in one

Surprise .. Surprise .. Surprise


Apparently the load I was under was in fact not the load they wanted at 6am on Monday. Just another screw up in a long list of screw ups on this load. My appointment wasn't untill 11am Tuesday, but they would try to work me in. It wasn't all bad. I am so out of hours I cannot even drive down to Laurinburg, NC without taking Wednesday off some where along the line. So I in effect took my 34 hour break there and got a reset in. Now I can get down to Laurinburg, NC on Wednesday which give me the possibility to get another load that closes this week. We will see how that plays out.


Anyway I was able to take off early Tuesday morning and make it down to Centerville, MD before my time ran out. And tomorrow be down in NC around 12-1pm. The drive itself was uneventful even though the early morning clouds looked like they wanted to drop a ton of snow. Perhaps they will save that for when I'm clear of the area.


Hope to get out of the gate early enough tomorrow to avoid the Washington am rush hour. As I can't legally move till 6:30 am it is at this point even odds.


Have a good night


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.