Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Thursday, April 8, 2010

04/06/2010 posted out of order

This is out oder but somehow this one didn't get posted


I've been neglectful of the blog the last couple of days.

I left you off with me grabbing a 34 hour rest in Wichita Falls, TX. Having completed that on Saturday morning. I went to the plant and grabbed my load. The next three days consisted in putting on full 600 mile days.

On day 2 I stopped in Perry, MI and discovered that the Michigan roadways in conjunction with the load crew in Wichita Falls had managed to break some glass on an optimizer rack. The glass was already tempered so at least when it broke it turned into this small pebble shaped stuff. I threw a strap around the glass using coil protectors to protect the strap and prevented any more breakage.

Monday I finished up my drive into Montreal at about 8pm. I had driven to the consignee and parked there so no driving in the morning and no alarm clock and off to bed I went.

Tuesday as they were unloading the receiver mention they would note the damaged glass. He also mentioned that the remaining glass might be scratched something I hadn't considered. So I got to learn something job related.

Prior to being loaded I got a preplan to pick up a load of peat moss in St Remi, QC and take it to Orrville, OH another 630 miles. This week is adding up pretty good. I can deliver this load either Wednesday or Thursday and the receiver is open till midnight. So the plan is to get it there today (Wednesday). But upon doing my pretrip inspection I discovered a flat tire so I am waiting on Road service to get here and replace the tire.

Only 3 days till hometime!!!

Have a good day
Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.